Thursday, May 10, 2012

Book Worms

Matt and I are avid readers.  Okay... Matt is an avid reader and I'm a so-so reader whenever there's a New York Times bestselling book series (insert: Hunger Games, Dragon Tattoo, and Twilight).  One thing that I'm really excited about is building Abishai's library.  Over our 5 years of marriage, Matt and I have amassed quite the book collection.  In fact, when we were moving in, there were more boxes dedicated to just books than there were anything else.  What can we say, we love the feeling of turning pages and we'll probably never convert to the digital book realm.  Sorry, Kindle.

I've already started building a mental list of all the books I want to read to Abe.  I was browsing through some blogs and stumbled upon a very intriguing children's book called The Story of the Little Mole Who Went in Search of Whodunit.  Originally written & published in Germany, the story follows the journey of Little Mole who wakes up one morning to be greeted by a stinky surprise as he pokes his head out of his hole.  Poor Little Mole begins investigating the neighborhood to solve the mystery of "whodunit". Now isn't that a precious addition to any child's library?  I can see it now, sitting on the shelf in between Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and Goodnight, Moon

My amusement doesn't stop there.  I was pleased to learn that this particular book is "frequently bought together" with Walter the Farting Dog on Amazon.com.  Although I'm sure Abe will learn enough on his own about flatulence and bowel movements, I'm comforted by the fact that he can be entertained and educated about those topics through literature.  They may not be Caldecott Medal winners, but I'm sure they're just as memorable.
In other news, Christopher Walken may be the first person to read Where the Wild Things Are to our little boy because, well, there's just no way we could do it justice.  Listen for yourselves...


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...