Monday, May 12, 2014

Three + One = Four (Welcome Hope Elise)

On April 14, 2014 we welcomed our precious little Hope Elise into the world.  Our cozy family of three became four and once again mine and Matt's hearts expanded to love this beautiful pint-sized creature.

A little over three years ago, I sat in my OB's office and she delicately informed me that I had PCOS, a condition that would make conception extremely hard or even impossible for me.  I distinctly remember staring at her blankly, stunned, and unsure of the words she was explaining to me.  Unprepared for this news, I called Matt to explain how my visit went.  As I repeated the information to him, the severity of the situation settled in and my throat was choked with tears as I realized what this meant for us.

Two years later we were blessed with the birth of our fun-loving, energy-filled Abishai Lee.  I don't know why, but although I've always desired to have three children, a part of me thought that maybe we would only have one.  With all the treatments & stress we endured to conceive Abishai, I wasn't sure I had it in me to re-live the process to have another child.

Fast forward to summer of 2013.  It took so much work to get pregnant with Abishai, being "responsible" about conception was not a concern for us.  Phrases like "meh, it'll never happen on its own" were thrown around carelessly.  In moments like these, Matt enjoys talking about God's sense of humor.  Sure enough, just two weeks after our 7th wedding anniversary God let us in on that humor--- He was probably laughing/smiling... we were silent in shock.  SURPRISE-- you're having another one.

So... here she is. Hope Elise Stanbery.
Born 4-14-14 (cool, right?) at 12:41pm.
6 lbs, 11 ounces (the same weight as Abishai at birth)
18.5 inches long

We have been blessed beyond our expectations.  Abishai can't stop loving on his little sister and neither can we.  We are a very happy family of four.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...