Monday, August 20, 2012

Walking from 3rd to Home

Today is my official (original) due date.  As I start this blog entry, it is 9:43pm.  I think it's safe to assume that Abishai will not be making an appearance today.  Unless, of course, I happen to go into labor in the next few minutes and have an amazingly quick delivery (highly doubtful, though greatly desired).

Instead, I will take this time to update you on my very last month of pregnancy.  What a month.  I've had a relatively easy pregnancy.  The first trimester was tough (as expected), second trimester was breezy, and for the most part, my third trimester was not so bad... until my ninth (or is it tenth) and final month.  I hit my 37th week and boy did I feel a difference.   All of sudden my toes turned into little sausages, my back ached more than usual, and a watermelon shaped bulge formed on my stomach that made getting up and out of any seated position quite a challenge.

I won't lie.  I'm so uncomfortable.  The desperation I have at this very moment to get my child out of my womb has burned a very pathetic expression on my face.  Halfway through my second trimester, my doctors convinced me that Abishai would come early.  "He's huge," they said, "There's no way he'll stay in their long-- you're running out of room".  We had our hospital bag packed and ready to go by my 36th week.  Everything has been ready for his arrival since the first of August.  Yet, here I am, on the exact day of my 40th week with a baby in my belly and no sign of delivery.

Mind you, Matt and I have attempted a plethora of natural induction methods.  In fact, I even stacked up a number of them on consecutive days, only to wake up the next morning wondering why I hadn't gone into labor.  I actually began listing out what we've tried, but decided against it.  I know what you're thinking... you have some tried and true method that you want to share and tell us to give a shot.  Trust me, we've tried it.  Trust me... it didn't work.  Trust me.   For the most part, I just end up with the same result--- chubby, swollen feet and high blood pressure.  Some methods are definitely more enjoyable than others, but they still didn't get my kid out of my womb.  Just sayin'.

Some of you have asked for more belly photos.  I forgot to take one for 39 weeks and didn't take one today for 40, so I leave you with this little diddy.  I'll take a 40 week photo some time this week.


I will officially be induced on August 27th.  I hope it doesn't come to that, although, I've already started preparing myself.  In the meantime, I'm eating every meal as if it's my last because labor is literally just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...