Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Serious Case of Pregnancy Brain

I've heard many women talk about "pregnancy brain" but it just sounds like an excuse for just plain dumb.  I was wrong... as usual, since I've recently discovered that I've come down with an enormous case of pregnancy brain.  Sure, I'd make dumb comments or ask a lame question here and there, but I just attributed that to my unbelievable exhaustion.  Making a baby is tiring and my brain just doesn't think... as hard as it used to, that is.

Then it happened; the moment I realized that all my logic and coherence had taken a vacation.  I was tired and headed home from the usual stressful day at work.  I pulled into the garage, grabbed my purse, got out of the car, and headed inside.  I was about 4 steps into the house when I realized that the water heater sounded like it was working overtime.  Man, that water heater is loud!  So, I turn around to look back into the garage.  Nope-- not the water heater.  Sure enough, my car was still running.  Yeah, that's right.  I left my car running in the garage.  Stunned, I hurry back to my car, turn off the ignition, and in absolute humiliation run inside to tell Matt what an idiot I am. 

Okay, so I admit it.  I have pregnancy brain.  Never in my right mind would I have left my car running.  Now, you'd think I'd learn my lesson.  I've successfully repeated that instance a total of three times now.  THREE!  Proceeded into my home with my car still running.  Each time, I've caught it upon entering the house, but still!  I anticipated all the other side effects to pregnancy: nausea, food aversions, exhaustion, and emotional instability, but I did not prepare for the random fits of ineptitude.

I'm hoping I'm done with the car-left-running streak, but I'll keep a tally on the blog just in case. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...